Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Political Compass
















Many people are not sure whether they are conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat, Authoritarian or Libertarian and everything in between. Luckily there is a reliable source on the web called the Political Compass that can help one figure out his placement on the political spectrum. I took this test and was surprised by the outcome. First of all, while taking this test I did not understand all of the questions, so I had to use the handy dandy Wikipedia to explain some terms and look up quotes. Therefore I can justify my outcome via the fact that I responded to questions that I had to learn through very quick and most likely not the most efficient means. I identify myself as a conservative, yet on this test I fell into the left and even more so into the Authoritarian area.
I highly recommend that you take this test because it is very interesting to find out where you fall. It has made me want to do more research to find out exactly where I stand. My parents are conservative and thus I was instilled with those values, but perhaps I have some unknown liberal tendencies- or maybe not. Here is a picture below that explains how to read the Political Compass- The vertical line is the Economic Scale and the horizontal line is the Social Scale. Also, the two graphs below it show where the most famous political figures of our times and recent past have fallen. Then, the last one is mine. So take the test and see where you lay in the political spectrum.
Note- If some of the names are hard to see, take the test and when you finish it will show you all of the graphs.



No comments: